July 25, 2017          Login  
 
 
 
 
Home
 
 
Forms
 
 
History
 
 
Maps & Directions
 
 
Fire & EMS
 
 
Related Sites
 
 
Officials & Staff
 
 
Ordinances
 
 
Recycling
 
 
Zoning
 
Township Address
South Branch Township
5245 N M-18
PO Box 606
Roscommon, MI 48653
989-275-8232 Phone
989-275-4860 Fax
 
 
History   
 
History Minimize
 

South Branch Township Hall
1920

1876 - South Branch Township was established by the Board of Supervisors, breaking off from Grayling Township, being T25N, R1W & R2W.

1880 - Ball Township was established from South Branch Township, being T25N, R1W.

1889 - South Branch Township receives Ball Township back (T25N, R1W) as well as part of Grove Township (T26N, R1W). This is the present South Branch Township.

1920 - The first Township Hall was built in on Hall Road.

 

South Branch Township Hall
1974

1974 - The present Hall was built. The Fire Hall was built in 1976 with additions in 1991 and 1998.

South Branch Township is primarily a residential area with State and Federal land for recreational use. The South Branch of the AuSable River runs through the Township where it meets the Main Branch of the AuSable, one of the World's Best Trout Fishing Rivers.